Lightroom 6.3 – latest update from Adobe.
Well, it’s here – at last. Adobe have released a new 6.3 version of Lightroom 6/CC 2015 that seemingly addresses all the problems associated with the abomination that was v6.2.
Should you install it ? Go on, live dangerously….!
Seriously though, I’ve installed it and it seems to be working fine.
So what are the benefits of the update?
The bloody Import Dialogue is back as it should be for starters – Thank God!
Dehaze Filter – now available as a Localized Adjustment in the Radial & Graduated filters and in the Adjustment Brush. This is actually very neat, and makes the Dehaze properties very useful in my opinion.
Sadly though, Nikon and Leica still exhibit known tether support failure under El Capitan – so Mac users are stil best off sticking with OSX 10.10 Yosemite.
So here’s the list of known v6.2 issues fixed, according to Adobe:
- Fixed several instability, functionality and performance issues introduced in Lightroom CC 2015.2.x/6.2.x.
- Fixed a bug that caused edits made and saved in Photoshop or 3rd party plug-ins to not appear in the Develop module.
- Fixed a bug related to user default for Chromatic Aberration Correction no longer honored after new Import option was removed.
- Fixed several bugs related to Panorama Merge.
- Fixed a bug so that Rotated photos will correctly show as rotated when in Full Screen view.
- Fixed a bug that caused a performance slowdown when creating Standard sized previews on high resolution monitors.
- Fixed a bug that caused image previews to be incorrectly displayed as completely black after import if “Auto Tone” is on in preferences.
- Fixed a bug that caused crash when using the Radial or Graduated Filter.
- Fixed a bug that caused Palette, a 3rd party hardware device, to stop working with Lightroom.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Map module to appear pixelated and photos to be dropped in the wrong place when using hi-dpi monitors on Windows.
- Fixed a bug related to Full Screen that prevented you from exiting Full Screen view while using the Spot Healing Tool.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Flickr Publish Service to improperly publish multi-word keywords.
So folks, there you have it. It’s a new update, so perhaps you might want to wait a few days, just to see if there are bugs arising in the new version.
I’m just glad the Import Dialogue no longer looks like it belongs on the CBeebies Channel !